The Innovation Centre for Everyone
Calgary's new innovation centre, the Platform Innovation Centre, will move the city's best minds and ideas forward, turning concepts into entrepreneurial opportunities and scale local businesses into international success stories. Opening early 2021 in Calgary’s vibrant East Village, this hub will be a multi-use space for learning, projects, makers, and community.
Groundbreaking ceremony kicks off construction of Platform and new era for Calgary Technologies Inc. - (December 12, 2018)
Calgary announces innovative new development in East Village - (January 23, 2018)
Calgarians are hard workers with big ideas.
No matter which industry they’re diving into, the Platform Innovation Centre will be able to help. Every industry, from oil and agriculture to fashion and artisanal goods, can leverage modern technology and resources to improve and grow. Among the facilities planned are:
- A school where you can start learning or continue learning to advance your career
- Experts who can advise you on starting, growing, and steering your projects
- Resident investors who are interested in finding and fostering innovative products and companies
- A state-of-the-art maker space where you can turn drawings into prototypes and plans into product
Waterloo is one of the world’s leading tech communities, with a workforce of more than 200,000 spread across 15,000 companies — more than 900 of which were serviced by their innovation hub Communitech last year. Imagine a Calgary with a trend of digital economy job creation year after year, and a promise that future generations can live, work, and find success here.
Our 5-year economic resiliency plan:
- 2,000 high-quality, lucrative jobs created
- 600 startups founded
- $4 billion revenue generated
- $200 million investment capital attracted
- $10 billion in new company valuation
- 10,000 Calgarians educated and inspired
- 9,000 monthly active Platform participants