Help support and spread the local love this holiday and all year long! Calgary is home to so many unique and innovative brands. Platform Calgary is proud to showcase and highlight our city’s gems.
Join us in celebrating these local brands and their wonderful products and services by sharing their products with family and friends. Fun fact, many of the companies listed are Platform Calgary program alumni or mentees of Venture Mentoring Service of Alberta!
Check out these 10 Calgary businesses. We’re sure that there’s unique gifts for all your loved ones:
1. Give someone the gift of delicious dinners - locally-sourced, naturally raised beef and chicken with a Bessie Box gift card! Bessie Box works directly with Alberta farmers and Canadian fishermen to provide a selection of products from grass-finished beef to sashimi-grade seafood. You can even add on beers from Calgary brewery Annex Ale Project with the Beef & Brew special!
2. Is there a local or national influencer in your life trying to improve their brand? Sign them up on Embold to help them get paid for what they love to do and allow them to collaborate with many brands! By joining them on Embold’s roster, you will help your friends or family have a stress-free working process and specific brand collaborations as Embold can guide them through influencer coordination, campaign reporting and will do all the heavy lifting for the influencer!
3. Jump into 2021 with a new pair of sneakers from NXTDROP! With a wide range of brands, NXTDROP will definitely enhance the Canadian sneaker shopping experience for the holiday season. This online community connects sneakerheads and resellers to find the perfect pair of kicks.
4. Does someone you know need help building and growing a business? Sign them up at Nicerr to book one-on-one sessions with experienced professionals and subject matter experts! Nicerr knows that entrepreneurship can be difficult and lonely - the good news is, it doesn’t have to be! Get advice from business leaders, subject matter experts and experienced professionals. By signing up and matching with an advisor, users immediately contribute to a charity of their choice!
5. This holiday, give the gift of professional development! 321 Growth Academy teaches critical skills in sales, marketing and human resources with learnings applied in real time! Built for entrepreneurs, by entrepreneurs, 321 Growth Academy courses are designed to help grow a business faster by achieving focused outcomes. Sign a loved one up today!
6. Whether you know of a microwave dinner connoisseur or a master chef in training, check out Bow Valley BBQ sauces! They are dedicated to using real ingredients and maintaining the highest standard of products. Simplicity and the love for delicious food are what help Bow Valley BBQ stand out. From ‘Bigfoot Bold BBQ Sauce’ to ‘Blueberry Merlot Steak Sauce,’ there’s a sauce for everybody!
7. Know of a friend or family member who just had a baby? Give them delicious, nourishing and locally-made treats from Mooch Moms. Mooch Moms supports breastfeeding moms with healthy, energy-boosting snacks good for both mom and baby.
8. Take the hard work out of home repairs with the gift of easy home service from FixIt’s contractors! FixIt provides efficient home servicing solutions for Calgarians by matching clients with qualified and trusted contractors, who can get the job done right the first time!
9. Need help in fulfilling your family’s promise of a healthier 2021? Gift them with Nutrimeals! Nutrimeals makes it simple and convenient to have delicious meals throughout the week - choose meals and have them delivered premade straight to your door! Nutrimeals is a great foundation for anyone’s new year’s resolutions!
10. Now, you can’t possibly go wrong with chocolate! The Chocolate Lab makes beautiful and delicious handmade chocolate, bonbons and other confections from the finest and freshest ingredients. The Chocolate Lab’s edible artwork is worthy of a holiday present!