Platform Calgary is excited to announce the 21 companies who have been selected to participate in the upcoming spring Junction program. Ten of the 21 companies come from outside Canada, including countries such as Denmark, India and the United States. Through Platform Calgary’s partnership with the French Embassy, five music technology companies from France were also selected to participate in the program kicking off April 6, 2021.
Junction is a 9-week residency program - offered virtually - that helps technology entrepreneurs establish a clear foundation for their business. More than 60 startup companies have graduated from Junction in the program’s three year history. The spring 2021 program will be the sixth time Junction has run.
“The Junction program continues to expand in every iteration we have offered,” said David Yiptong, Director of Programs at Platform Calgary. “The fact that nearly half of our companies are coming internationally, such as through our French Embassy partnership, and are also coming from sectors Junction has not seen yet, is a testament that Calgary is attracting global talent. Internationally, entrepreneurs are excited at the opportunity to establish in Alberta.”
The companies in this latest cohort are:
- 26 Celsius - Founder: Zack Zhang | Calgary
- AKIUS - Founder: Jean-David Rombi | France
- AnthoBio - Founder: Lin Tang | Calgary
- Augmented Acoustics - Founder: Stéphane Dufossé | France
- Breast Buds - Founder: Wendy Muise | Calgary
- Buoyancy - Founder: Jon MacConnell | Calgary
- Industree - Founder: Zachary Cooper-Black | Edmonton
- Integrity Technology Solutions - Founder: Cody Austin | Calgary
- Dualo - Founders: Bruno Verbrugghe & Sergueï Bécoulet | France
- Perfect Fit Systems - Founders: Eobin Alex George | India
- Kairos Cognitive Care - Founder: Leah Kazmerik | Calgary
- Listen Network - Founders: Gontran Mabetomoka & Stella Rebouh | France
- Liveworks - Founder: Jose Portillo | Calgary
- Lonofi - Founder: Adrian Gomar & Édouard Tallec | France
- MopSpot - Founder: Kate Maxwell & Aleks Muiznieks | France
- Proud Local - Founders: Rhyan Pietromonaco & Sarah Elstone | Calgary
- Ram Canyon - Founder: Evan Wildman | Calgary
- RezGuru - Founders: Pawan Marwaha, Sonia Marwaha & Surindur Kumar Marwaha | Denmark
- TravSolo - Founder: Chizoba Anyaoha | United States
- Virtual Kids - Founders: Edward Les & Jonathan Guilfoyle | Calgary
- YoungSkillz - Founders: Mahesh Date & Shruti Date | Vancouver
Platform Calgary is dedicated to building a globally connected tech and innovation ecosystem. Junction is a sector agnostic program and open to international startups with a Canadian market who have the potential to create jobs and hire local talent. In turn, local startups have the ability to form connections to broaden their reach for international business.
The spring 2021 Junction program runs from April 6 to June 4, 2021. At the end of the program, participants will present in the Founder Showcase and pitch to an audience of Calgary’s startup community. Founder Showcase is scheduled for June 3, 2021.
For more information about Junction, how to participate in a future cohort or to learn more about the participating companies, visit this page.