GIVE YOUR STARTUP AN UNFAIR ADVANTAGE
Junction is a full-time residency program that helps you build a strong foundation as an entrepreneur and sets you apart from the competition, providing you with an unfair advantage when approaching investors, partners and customers. Ultimately, it will prepare you to take full advantage of seed accelerators after graduation so you can hit the ground running.
Over 9 weeks, you will learn and grow along side other startups as you work with Advisors to breakthrough, advance and scale further, faster. The program includes a mix of in-class educational sessions, hands-on workshops, special events, mental health awareness, 1:1 Advisor coaching, and peer-learning. All led by some really smart people and local business leaders.
Think of your company as a giant puzzle. The pieces are the components that make up your business, and Junction shows you how to put them together.
The Unfair Advantage
A founder who can answer any question about their startup – technical, market, financial, legal, or structural - will have an unfair advantage over their peers and this is what Junction helps entrepreneurs achieve.
The Data Room
Startups graduate with a Data Room - an organized compilation of startup documents in a secure location - which acts as a backdrop to educate, inform, and help you to understand all aspects of your business.
Cohort 3 Dates: September 30 to November 29, 2019
Schedule: Fall 2019, all sessions subject to change
Hosted at: Platform Beta (429 8 Ave SE)
- Startups must commit to participate in the entirety of the program
- Includes over 100 hours of programming
- Majority of sessions are a half-day Monday to Friday from 9AM-12PM, some exceptions apply
May 1, 2019: Applications Open
Ongoing Applicant Interviews
August 5, 2019: Application Deadline (11:59PM)
August 14-22, 2019: Cohort Selection and Notification
September 30, 2019: Program Start Date (full day)
November 28, 2019: Demo Day
November 29, 2019: Wrap-up & Next Steps
You are a first-time tech founder(s) and:
- Are working on your startup full-time
- Have a working Minimum Viable Product (MVP)
- Have an innovation driven product and/or solution prototype
- Have some customer/market traction (early revenue, beta testers, partners, etc.)
- Are pre-seed investment, looking to raise money in the next 6-12 months
- Committed to learn, be coached, and move your company to the next level
- Are able to work onsite at Platform Beta, downtown Calgary, for the duration of the program
The program is open to startups around the globe, but you are expected to be in Calgary for the duration of the program.
- Find your product/market fit
- Data Room set up
- Peer learning and accountability
- Well-rounded business foundation and knowledge to scale your startup
- Growth of your business and Advisor network
- Pitch development
- Prepare you to take full advantage of seed accelerators after graduation so you can hit the ground running
Has been instrumental
"This program has been instrumental in getting us organized as a biz. The data room assignment has forced a level or organization that I would have never achieved and also illuminated the stuff we have been missing."
- Jaime Wood, Fanoramas
I Cannot Do This Alone
"I’m enlightened and see my business in a completely new light. Particularly, I see how I cannot do this alone anymore. Now I have the skill sets and vision to strategically hire people or services to move forward. I now have a 2 year, battle tested, road map ahead of me and I now know how external parties measure the health of my business."
- Mike Grossman, PPEHQ