The Student Venture Advisory Program is a 4-month program that provides student entrepreneurs with access to mentorship and coaching they need to launch and grow a startup!
Calling all post-secondary student entrepreneurs! Embark on a four-month long journey to receive guidance and direction in building your company. You will have access to dedicated advisor, and peers from across Alberta to bring your company to the next level.
This Student Venture Advisory Program offers post-secondary students a unique opportunity to spend their summer receiving valuable support including access to an advisor/coach throughout the summer (May-August). At the end of the program, you will demonstrate what you have learned and how it’s changed your business, traction you achieved, and what your next steps will be. We will empower you to engage with industry, and receive real feedback on your current practices.
All sessions will be held virtually.
Kickoff Session: Monday, May 17 @ 4PM - 5PM
Bi-weekly Advisory Meetings: May - August
Monthly Peer Roundtables:
- Wednesday June 9th @ 4pm - 5:30 pm
- Wednesday July 14th @ 4pm - 5:30 pm
- Wednesday August 11th @ 4pm - 5:30 pm
Hive Mind Socials (optional): May - August
Pitch Coaching Workshop: August 11th
Startup Showcase: August 25th @ 4pm - 6pm
Eligibility & Commitment
Students applying must commit to working on their startup and participate in all program workshops and events online.
- Must be currently enrolled at a post-secondary institution in a full-time program or to have graduated less than a year ago.
- Pursuing and existing startup or social enterprise idea (note: research projects are not supported)
- Be eager to develop your critical thinking and time management skills.
- Strive to be a creative and analytical thinker who is self-driven and capable of working in a fast paced environment.
- Crave the ability to challenge the status quo and think outside the box to develop solutions.
- Willing to be open-minded and collaborative
- 2-3 hours per month advisor sessions
- 1-2 hours per month in peer sessions
Two students per team can participate (Founder/Cofounder)
- Customer Discovery
- Help Finding your product/market fit
- Peer learning and accountability
- Challenge your assumptions and adapt your business
- Well-rounded business foundation and knowledge to scale your startup
- Growth of your business and Advisor network
- Pitch development
Application Deadline: April 29th @ Midnight
Applicants Shortlisted & Contacted: April 30th
Applicant Interviews: May 3rd to May 5th
Participation Agreement Signed: May 7th @ Midnight
“As an engineer the learning process gained from this program was massively valuable. Everyone in a technical field should seriously consider taking the time to learn and develop these skills.”
– Shane Fast, Athennian
“Summer Incubator Program was an amazing support for helping us really discover our market/customers and validating our business.”
– Celina Pablo, Air Receipt