CALGARY’S HOME FOR INNOVATORS
The Platform Innovation Centre is a hub dedicated to supporting startups and entrepreneurs at all stages of their journey.
The Innovation Centre provides a single point of access to resources, supports, programming and events to help startups successfully launch and grow their business.
Located in the heart of Calgary’s East Village neighbourhood — beside City Hall, Central Library, and Studio Bell, home of the National Music Centre — the Platform Innovation Centre will help create connections for local innovators, driving new economic growth and job creation in Calgary.
The Innovation Centre is a forward-thinking project — built in partnership with Calgary Parking Authority and Calgary Municipal Land Corporation (CMLC) — designed to meet the changing needs of our community while accelerating Calgary’s innovation economy.
When entrepreneurs and tech innovators walk through the door of the Platform Innovation Centre, they will have access to everything they need to achieve success and, in doing so, strengthen the economy for all Calgarians.
The Platform Innovation Centre programming and facilities will provide:
- 50+ tech and innovation partners under one roof;
- Access to classes, seminars, workshops, and programs for entrepreneurs and industry professionals;
- Access to businesses, top talent and expertise from across Canada and beyond for industry meetups, pitch nights, keynotes and collisions between entrepreneurs, investors, and founders;
- Pitch stage and event-based community space for 450+ people equipped with display screens, built-in sound system, lights, and broadcasting cameras to provide a fully immersed digital-first experience and the ability to pivot to in-person events;
- 50,000 sq ft of work, gathering, and classroom space for startups, innovators and entrepreneurs with resources for prototyping and testing new technologies;
- Onsite food, beverage, and parking facilities.
Platform Calgary, alongside partners in the Calgary Innovation Coalition, are driven to make Calgary a global hub for startups and innovation by increasing the number of technology startups in Calgary by ten times to 3,000 core tech startups by 2031, in turn, creating tens of thousands of jobs, and adding $10B to Calgary’s GDP.
Exterior | Main Entrance
Pitch Stage & Cafe