Safe Spaces Policy & Code of Conduct
Platform Calgary is committed to providing a safe and welcoming environment for everyone in virtual and in-person programs, events, workspaces, and across all our social media channels.
Together with our community, we are creating and maintaining a respectful environment that is free from discrimination, violence, bullying, harassment, sexual assault, stalking, abuse, and threats.
We expect all visitors, partners, members, event attendees, speakers, sponsors, exhibitors, organizers and volunteers to treat others with respect and abide by the following Code of Conduct at all times. This includes social events at off-site locations, online activities and social media before, during and after Platform Calgary activities.
If you experience or witness any forms of unacceptable behaviour that violates this policy or if you have any other concerns, please bring them to the immediate attention of Platform Calgary staff. You can make an electronic report to [email protected] or anonymously via our online form and/or through the REES online reporting system. Every incident reported will be taken seriously and managed with confidentiality.
Code of Conduct
We expect all participants to conduct themselves in a professional and appropriate manner. We do not tolerate actions or behavior that impacts a program or event participant’s safety and well-being, including bullying, discrimination, or harassment in any form. These behaviors include but are not limited to:
- Unwelcome or hostile behaviour, including verbal or written comments that intimidate, create discomfort, or interfere with a person’s participation at the event
- Unwelcome physical contact
- Unwelcome sexual attention
- Use of sexualized language and images. This includes presentations, slides, and speaker content.
- Possession and/or use of illegal substances
- Possession of an item that can be used as a weapon causing harm to others
- Unauthorized photography or filming of participants or content at events and programs
- Engaging in behaviour or actions that are considered threatening.
Participants asked to stop unacceptable behaviour are expected to comply immediately. Participants who violate the Code of Conduct may be expelled from programs, events and related activities without a refund and/or banned from future events at the discretion of the organizers.
Thank you for keeping Platform Calgary, the Platform Innovation Centre and the larger innovation community safe, welcoming and respectful for all.