The new year is starting off strong at the Platform Innovation Centre with eleven new partners. These organizations spanning a wide range of sectors will play an important role in the community-wide work we’re doing here at Platform, and joining our network of 100+ partners.
Welcome to the newest partners:
- AUArts: AUArts is a community of thinkers, shapers, makers and risk takers. Formerly Alberta College of Art and Design, they are dedicated to innovative and emerging art, craft and design programs. Their studio-based education model introduces learners to a community of passionate minds, provocative thinkers, ambitious doers and brave creators.
- Black Business Ventures Association: BBVA aims to help 1000 black founders launch new, successful tech-enabled businesses by 2030. We connect talented Black founders and entrepreneurs to tech and business curriculum, coaching, and community, thereby increasing diversity in the tech and innovation ecosystem and positively influencing economic growth and development.
- CyberWave: CyberWave is dedicated to addressing the growing labour shortage in cyber security. Created by Manitoba Institute of Trades & Technology (MITT), this new centre works closely with leading employers to develop programming that meets the evolving needs of students, working professionals, and employers.
- Digital Supercluster: The Digital Technology Supercluster is building a better Canada by growing Canadian businesses, creating a digitally skilled workforce and positively impacting lives across our country. They accelerate the development and adoption of digital technologies that keep Canadians healthy, address climate change and drive economic productivity.
- The Immigrant Education Society (TIES): TIES is a registered not-for-profit charitable organization actively serving newcomers and low-income Calgarians, since 1988. TIES is making a positive impact in the lives of new immigrants and Canadians by building relationships, offering valuable education programs, and supporting their unique needs.
- IncluCity Calgary: IncluCity Calgary is filling a gap in Calgary's innovation ecosystem by offering organizations the chance to gain valuable feedback from a diverse group of residents. They provide an inclusive approach to usability design and testing which results in greater input from a wider cross-section of society which makes solutions better for all people, leads to increased profits and/or impact and increases the ability for companies to enter and be successful in their markets.
- The Knowledge Society (TKS): TKS is an Olympic-level training program for young people who want to change the world. We are focused on creating the next generation of entrepreneurs, innovators, and scientists. Our students have raised millions of dollars, are the youngest interns at companies like Neurable, IBM, OpenAI, and other startups.
- Lazaridis Institute: The Lazaridis Institute combines real-world market analysis, scholarly research and industry best practices to identify obstacles to global competitiveness and optimize the management of high-growth technology companies.
- Tangent Design Engineering: Tangent Design Engineering Ltd. is a Calgary, Alberta based engineering firm that has been in business for 17 years helping companies create and optimize new technologies and products to maximize their market impact. Tangent’s services include product-market fit analysis, applied research and development, product development from ideation through commercialization, and manufacturing.
- QueerTech: QueerTech is a Canadian non-profit organization that empowers and connects startups, corporations, and 2SLGBTQ+ technologists to increase diversity, inclusion, and representation in the tech industry. QueerTech has thousands of engaged members across Canada and hundreds of community and corporate partners that benefit from purpose-driven and solutions-oriented programs and events.
- Venture Capital Association of Alberta (VCAA): VCAA is Alberta’s primary industry association for venture capital, private equity, angel investors. The mandate of the VCAA is to advocate for venture capital investing in the province, create opportunities for social engagement, and provide educational tools and content for investors.
If you’re interested in being part of the Platform Innovation Centre and joining Platform Calgary’s momentum, get in touch! Or, learn more about ways you can support us in making Calgary a global hub for startups and innovation.